Run for Me 2017 Virtual Run
Do you love to run or walk with your dog? Do you want to support Sit With Me Dog Rescue? We’ve designed a Virtual Run where we encourage you to participate with your dog! You can run, walk, rollerblade, bike 5K… whatever you want… and raise money for Sit With Me at the same time. You do it anywhere, any time between Septebmer 1st to 30th!
Sit With Me Dog Rescue is dedicated to rescuing shelter dogs that are at risk of losing their lives, regardless of breed, age or medical state. Most of our dogs require expensive vet care before they are eligible for adoption… they need your support in order to get the help they need.
We encourage you to participate in our Virtual Run with or without your dog. If you don’t have a dog, borrow one or go dog-free… we encourage everyone to participate!
How it works:
- Register with our campaign on Canada Helps at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/sit-with-me-rescue/Virtual-Run-2017/ . Create your personal fundraising page by clicking on “Join as an Individual”, or “Create a Team”. Raise as much money as you can for Sit With Me through family and friends. We have awards and prizes for fundraising!
- You have 30 days to complete 5K from September 1st to 30th. Post your results by midnight on September 30th including the date and method of completion (e.g. I completed the Run for Me Virtual Run! On September 15th I walked 5K with my dog Gonzo!) on our Facebook Events page or on Twitter using the hashtag #SWMRunForMe – Click here to Tweet
- We have prizes!
- Complete 5K & raise at least $40 to get a medal & a bandana for your dog
- Raise a minimum of $100 to get a free Sit With Me t-shirt
- Raise a minimum of $200 to get a free Sit With Me sweatshirt
- Top Fundraiser wins a $200 Sport Chek gift card
- Best Team Photo (person and dog) wins a $100 Cineplex gift card
For full details and to register, go to https://
What are you waiting for? Come Run For Me!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)